Built with a bequest from Augustus Stout Van Wickle, Class of 1876, the Van Wickle Gates serve as the ceremonial entry to campus. The center gates remain closed except for two occasions. They are opened inward to admit new students at the beginning of the year and outward at commencement to allow graduates to pass through.
Van Wickle Gates Dedicated
June 18, 1901